The ADATA Ultimate SU800 is the first SSD series from ADATA that features 3D TLC NAND Flash. Although ADATA names it ‘Ultimate,’ the SU800 is just another SATA III based 2.5-inch SSD targeted towards the budget end of the market. ADATA uses Silicon Motion SM2258 4-channel controller and 384Gbit 3D TLC NAND flash for SU800 series. Like all other TLC SSDs, the SU800 also comprised SLC caching (called Intelligent SLC Caching) for better performance.
ADATA Ultimate SU800 series are capable of sequential transfer speeds of up to 560 / 520 MB/s for reads/writes and random 4K performance of up to 85,000 / 85,000 IOPS for reads/writes. The SU800 series are available in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB capacities. ADATA also includes support for DevSLP (Device Sleep) and uses 12mW of power at idle and 0.65W of power for daily operation on the ADATA SU800 512GB model. But SU800 series didn’t support for AES 256-bit hardware encryption.
- 3D TLC NAND Flash
- SMI controller
- Wide capacity range: 128GB to 1TB
- Advanced hardware LDPC ECC technology
- Intelligent SLC Caching and DRAM cache buffer
- DEVSLP (Device Sleep) supported
- High TBW for extended drive longevity
- Free software: SSD Toolbox
- Supports S.M.A.R.T, TRIM Command, NCQ, and Migration Utility