ASUS today announced Xonar U7 MKII, a high-quality USB sound card, and headphone amplifier. The compact Xonar U7 MKII is an upgraded version of the acclaimed Xonar U7 and features true 7.1-channel,192kHz/24-bit high-definition (HD) surround sound output for incredible audio performance. Xonar U7 MKII comes with ASUS Sonic Studio, a software utility with an intuitive single-screen interface that provides complete control over a wide range of audio features, and Sonic Radar Pro, a feature for gamers that visually maps in-game sounds in first-person shooter (FPS) games to provide a competitive advantage.
ASUS Xonar U7 MKII retains the compact USB-powered design that was a highlight of the original Xonar U7 and delivers true 7.1-channel, 192kHz/24-bit HD audio, outperforming most available USB-powered audio devices. With a high-quality Cirrus Logic CS4398 digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and exclusive ASUS Hyper Grounding technology, Xonar U7 MKII has an 114dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), ensuring ultra-pure sound for the best listening experiences. The small size of Xonar U7 MKII takes up minimal room on a desk and makes it easily portable so that laptop users can enjoy great-sounding audio anywhere.
Enhanced gaming and media streaming
ASUS Xonar U7 MKII is great for gaming and media streaming with dedicated headphone and microphone controls that let users make instant audio adjustments without interrupting their game or entertainment. The master volume control knob doubles as an output selector, so users can keep their speakers and headphones connected and conveniently switch between them with a simple click of a button. Additionally, USB connectivity enables both laptop and desktop users to easily upgrade their system’s audio performance and enjoy incredible gaming and media streaming experiences.
Complete and intuitive audio control
ASUS Xonar U7 MKII comes with Sonic Studio, a full-featured and easy-to-use sound utility that gives users complete control over a wide range of audio features, such as equalization (EQ) and 7.1 surround speaker level-balancing. Unlike typical audio utilities with multi-screen interfaces that make configuration complicated and time-consuming, Sonic Studio has an intuitive all-in-one view that puts all the necessary audio controls on a single screen to make adjustments fast and easy.
Sonic Studio also includes controls for Sonic Radar Pro, a unique feature that precisely maps in-game sounds – such as footsteps and gunshots – and displays them on an on-screen overlay, so gamers can pinpoint their enemies for a competitive advantage in FPS games. Sonic Studio is fully compatible with Windows 10.
- Output signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted): Up to 114dB
- Input signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted): 110dB
- Output total harmonic distortion + noise at 1khz (A-weighted): Up to 0.0006% (104dB)
- Input total harmonic distortion + noise at 1kHz (A-weighted): Up to 0.001% (-100dB)
- Frequency response (-3dB, 24-bit/96kHz input ): <10Hz to 46kHz
- Output/input full-scale voltage:
- Rear output (Speaker) 1Vrms (2.828 Vp-p)
- Headphone 1.3Vrms (3.677 Vp-p)
- Line-in 1Vrms (3.677Vp-p)
- Bus Compatibility: USB audio class, USB audio class 2.0 for all functions, USB audio class 1.0 for playback
- Main Chipset (Audio processor): CMedia CMI6632AX High-performance sound processor (Max. 192KHz/24-bit)
- D-A converter (digital sources): 1 x Cirrus CS4398 (120dB SNR, Max. 192kHz/24-bit), 1 x Cirrus CS4362 (114dB SNR, Max. 192kHz/24-bit)
- A-D converter (analog input): 1x Cirrus CS5361 (114dB SNR, Max. 192kHz/24-bit)
- Analog playback sample rate and resolution: 44.1K/48K/88.2K/96K/172.4K/192KHz @ 16/24-bit
- Analog recording sample rate and resolution: 44.1K/48K/88.2K/96KHz/172.4K/192K @ 16/24-bit
- S/PDIF digital output: 44.1K/48K/88.2K/96K/172.4K/192KHz @ 16/24-bit
- ASIO 2.0 driver support: 44.1K/48K/88.2K/96K/172.4K/192KHz @ 16/24-bit
- Operating system support: Windows 10/8.1/7(32/64-bit)
For more information, visit the product page.