ASUS Cerberus line of gaming peripheral are well known for offing great budget oriented products for gamers and Cerberus Keyboard MKII and the original Cerberus Keyboard was a great entry level option for gamers. But, in 2017 the mechanical gaming keyboard and RGB backlit is in trend and since mechanical switches not exclusive to Cherry anymore, there are cheaper third-party mechanical switches available which allow ASUS to build a budget mechanical gaming keyboard, the Cerberus Mech RGB Keyboard.
The Cerberus Mech RGB Gaming Keyboard is a fully mechanical keyboard with 100% anti-ghosting with N-key rollover and on-the-fly macro recording. The keyboard also RGB illumination with seven pre-set lighting effects. The Cerberus Mech RGB has onboard memory with gaming profile keys for storing multiple key, lighting and macro settings. The keyboard is available with Kaihua RGB switches — Red, Blue, Brown and a Black variant with a lifespan of up to 70-million keystrokes. So on specification side, its looks perfect, but how it feels in real life usage lets find out in our review. We have the ASUS Cerberus Mech RGB Black switches model which offers linear motion with heavy 60 gf (gram force) keystrokes experience.
- Fully mechanical key switches for lightning-fast response and outstanding durability
- RGB illumination with seven pre-set lighting effects
- On-the-fly macro recording
- 100% anti-ghosting with N-key rollover (NKRO) technology
- Gaming profile keys for storing multiple key, lighting and macro settings
- Windows key lock protects against accidental presses while gaming