The ASUS ROG Motherboard line didn’t need any introduction, and the Hero has always been the sweet spot as it offers pretty much everything without costing too much. As we already saw from our previous review, Z390 chipset is just a refresh of Z370 chipset rather than something brand new chipset, only improvements are including native USB 3.1 Gen2 and Intel’s high-speed wireless solution. The 2×2 802.11ac connection boasts up to 1.73 Gb/s throughput. So we only going to see so we just going to see what design improvement and features Asus made to the new boards. Asus MAXIMUS XI Hero Z390 packs most of the features from flagship boards but still been reasonably priced, with built-in AC WiFi, RGB Sync and solid VRM design.
- LGA1151 socket for 9th/8th -gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors
- Synchronized RGB lighting technology works with a vast portfolio of Aura Sync-capable PC gear and includes support for addressable light strips and Philips Hue
- Perfected cooling with dedicated water cooling zones, M.2 heatsink and various fan controls
- Gaming connectivity: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGaurd, dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, and 802.11AC Wi-Fi
- 5-way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing AI Overclocking and cooling profiles tailor-made for your rig
- Gaming Audio: SupremeFX and Sonic Studio III – High fidelity audio that draws you deeper into the action
- Gaming durability: ASUS SafeSlot and premium components for maximum durability