We already took a look at X299 boards from ASUS ago and it’s not much new about X299 chipset either, but as HTDT platform is expansive and meant for the enthusiast who looking for x-factor in their motherboards ASUS has their super-premium, the ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega. Which can hold Kaby-Lake-X and Skylake-X refresh processors. The mane Omega — denoted as Ω and ω is the last letter of the Greek alphabet and also represents the value of 800 in the Greek numeric system. This the final evolution of ASUS X299 motherboards. As you expect ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega has everything in terms of hardware and software ASUS currently has.
The board comes with fresh styling, loaded with features such as subtle LED effects, has a small LiveDash OLED display, AC WIFI, 1 Gbps Ethernet and 10 Gbps Ethernet! Then there are triple x16 PCI-Express slots, two onboard M.2 SSD options as well as added M.2. using DIMM2 slot, quad-channel memory and an improved and rather beefy VRM based setup in a very advanced phase design. This board can take dual triple-slot graphics cards with a full 16 lanes of bandwidth each. Asus also Included a Fan Extension Card II which uses the Node interface to further expand the cooling and lighting headers on the PCB. This motherboard is intended for Intel Skylake-X processors including the latest refresh ones on the 9000 series that are released based on Socket LGA2066.
- Intel LGA 2066 socket: Ready for the latest Intel® Core™ X-Series processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to four M.2 drives, USB 3.1 Gen 2, Intel® VROC and Intel® Optane™ memory compatibility
- Comprehensive thermal design: Active heatsink with integrated VRM fan, PCIe-zone M.2 aluminum heatsink and dual backplates.
- High-performance networking: Onboard Aquantia® 10Gbps LAN, 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, and Intel Gigabit LAN with ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst V technologies.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor-made for your rig.
- SafeSlot technology: Firmly-anchored PCIe slots fortified with metal to support heavyweight graphics cards.
- Unmatched personalization: LiveDash OLED and ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including two additional RGB headers and one addressable header.
- Industry-leading ROG audio: SupremeFX S1220 and ESS® SABRE9018Q2C for enthusiast-grade audio performance driven by Japanese capacitors.