We already reviewed so many ROG STRIX cards that, I didn’t think it needed any more introduction. With GTX 1060 NVIDIA promised to bring same performance boost of Pascal architecture to mid-range and provide the same performance as last year’s GTX 980 at half of its launch price. The GTX 1060 is the answer to AMD’s Radeon RX 480 at the same price point.
The newer 16 NM GP106 Pascal silicon used in GTX 1060 features 4400M Transistors with 1280 CUDA cores, 48 ROPs and 6 GB of GDDR5 memory on 192-bit memory Bus. The ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1060 OC is a custom card design with high-quality components and comes with a significant factory overclock of 1645 MHz base and 1873 MHz Boost. So how it performs let’s find out.
- 1873 MHz boost clock in OC mode for outstanding performance and gaming experience.
- DirectCU III with Patented Wing-Blade Fans for 30% cooler and 3X quieter performance.
- ASUS FanConnect features 4-pin GPU-controlled headers connected to system fans for optimal thermal performance.
- Industry Only Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II delivers premium quality and best reliability.
- Aura RGB Lighting to express personalized gaming style.
- VR-friendly HDMI ports for immersive virtual reality experiences.
- GPU Tweak II with Xsplit Gamecaster provides intuitive performance tweaking and lets you stream your gameplay instantly.
- NVIDIA ANSEL for a revolutionary new way to capture in-game screenshots.
- NVIDIA GameWorks™ provides an interactive and cinematic experience, as well as incredibly smooth gameplay.