ASUS always pushes the boundary in terms of design and build quality with its ROG series. The NVIDIA RTX 3060 12GB brings a new level of performance for the mainstream market–sort of as it is very unlikely you will find it at its suggested retail price in the current situation. The RTX 3060 comes with a new GA106 die which based on Ampere architecture build on an 8nm node derived from Samsung and features 3584 shading processors 112 TMUs and 48 ROPs. That’s 26% fewer cores and TMUs than the 3060 Ti version, but 40% fewer ROPs due to the downgrade from a 256-bit wide memory bus to 192-bit. Helping to minimize that reduction is higher clocked 15 Gbps GDDR6 memory which provides a peak bandwidth of 360 GB/s, so just a 20% reduction from the 3060 Ti. This new memory subsystem meant it will have 6GB or 12GB, the former would have been embarrassing at this price point and with AMD offer their mid-range parts with 12GB, NVIDIA had little choice to go with 12GB.
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3060 packs their new ROG STRIX cooler design that offer a fresh look with better cooling and AURA RGB lighting. The card offers a dual-bios design with performance and silent mode also offers a factory overclock of 1882 MHz Turbo (1780 MHz reference).
- NVIDIA Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors: The building blocks for the world’s fastest, most efficient GPUs, the all-new Ampere SM brings 2X the FP32 throughput and improved power efficiency.
- 2nd Generation RT Cores: Experience 2X the throughput of 1st gen RT Cores, plus concurrent RT and shading for a whole new level of ray tracing performance.
- 3rd Generation Tensor Cores: Get up to 2X the throughput with structural sparsity and advanced AI algorithms such as DLSS. These cores deliver a massive boost in game performance and all-new AI capabilities.
- Axial-tech fan design has been newly tuned with a reversed central fan direction for less turbulence.
- 2.7-slot design expands cooling surface area to make the most of the three powerful Axial-tech fans.
- Super Alloy Power II includes premium alloy chokes, solid polymer capacitors, and an array of high-current power stages.
- GPU Tweak II provides intuitive performance tweaking, thermal controls, and system monitoring.
|Graphics Engine||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060|
|Interface||PCI Express 4.0|
|Video Memory||12 GB GDDR6|
|Core Clock||1.882 MHz|
|Memory Clock||1.875 MHz|
|Connectors||2 x HDMi 2.1, 3 x DisplayPort 1.4a|
|Power Connectors||1 x 8-pin|
|Recommended PSU||750 W|