The Radeon RX 470 AMD’s second Polaris based card built on the 14 nanometer FinFET process and promised to give superior FHD gaming and premium VR experience at a lower price than its bigger brother the RX 480. Today we are going to check the ASUS offering with its ROG STRIX RX 470 OC, which has a dual-fan cooler with ASUS custom design PCB and higher quality components, offering much higher clock speeds to close the gap between RX 470 and RX 480.
The ASUS ROG STRIX RX 470 OC comes with a factory overclock of 1270 MHz boost clock in OC mode. The card also features ASUS Aura RGB Lighting, ASUS FanConnect which 4-pin GPU-controlled case fan connectors. So it is enough to consider the ASUS ROG STRIX RX 470 OC over reference design RX470, let’s find out.
- 1270 MHz engine clock in OC mode for outstanding performance and gaming experience.
- DirectCU II with Patented Wing-Blade 0dB Fan Design delivers maximum air flow with 30% cooler and 3X quieter performance.
- ASUS FanConnect features 4-pin GPU-controlled header connected to system fans for optimal thermal performance.
- Industry Only Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II delivers premium quality and best reliability.
- Aura RGB Lighting to express personalized gaming style.
- GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster provides intuitive performance tweaking and lets you stream your gameplay instantly.