Asus is well known for their networking devices with their solid offering and robust feature-set on RT series of routers. From the lower-end to top-end Asus has some very compelling offering. But there is a gap between ASUS’s entry level and mid-range router line-up, the RT-AC58U AC1300 is a new router that aims to fill that gap, this is a brand new router with latest quad-core Qualcomm IPQ4018 processor – the industry’s first single-chip Wi-Fi system-on-chip (SoC) to bring Wave-2 802.11ac features, which just standardized in 2016. So we should expect a great performance at an affordable price.
The RT-AC58U AC1300 Dual-Band Router has 400+867 Mbps total speeds of its dual-band 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi. Other features include MU-MIMO technology, 128MB memory, four antennae and USB 3.0 port. Let’s find out how its actual performance.
- Super-fast network speed
- Concurrent dual-band AC1300 Wi-Fi speed plus quad-core processor for responsive network performance
- Full Wi-Fi speed on multiple devices simultaneously
- MU-MIMO technology and huge 128MB memory for the best multi-device performance
- Improved Wi-Fi range
- Four external antennas with AiRadar for improved Wi-Fi range
- Parental Controls
- Monitor and filter internet activities for your families and children
- Multi-purpose USB 3.0 port
- 10X-faster data transfers than USB 2.0