ASUS TUF Gaming line getting more popular as a more affordable option compared to the ASUS STRIX series, but TUF is hardly lacking in features of its bigger siblings. The TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (Wi-Fi) features an 8+2 DrMOS Power Stage design with a chunky heatsink, PCIe Gen 4, the latest Intel WiFi 6, and 2.5 GbE LAN for ultra-fast networking. Also noteworthy is their new AI noise-canceling microphone technology, which is said to be even better than the new AI audio thing from Nvidia, and it’s built right into the motherboard. The board comes in an M-ATX (micro-ATX) form factor hence the M added to the name. The TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS comes with the same military them aesthetics and military class durability. So, let see if it’s worth the option as a budget B550 motherboard.
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors
- Enhanced power solution: 8+2 DrMOS power stages, ProCool connector, military-grade TUF components, and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive cooling: VRM heatsinks, PCH fanless heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 2+ utility
- Next-gen connectivity: PCIe 4.0 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C support
- Made for online gaming: 2.5 Gb Ethernet, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology
- Realtek S1200A codec: Pristine audio quality with unprecedented 108 dB signal-to-noise ratio for stereo line out and 103 dB SNR for line in
- AI noise-canceling microphone: Provides crystal-clear in-game voice communication