AMD long-anticipated Big Navi GPUs were released a few months back, based on the Navi 21 GPU built on AMD’s RDNA2 architecture, AMD finally ready to challenged NVIDIA dominance in ray tracing gaming as they also equipped with ray accelerators units. The RX 6800 XT core features 26.8 billion transistors built on a 7nm process with a whopping 16GB of GDDR6 VRAM and has 72 compute units (4608 shader cores), 288 textures units, 64 ROPs, and 72 ray accelerators units (for ray tracing!) for a total power consumption of 300W. ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6800 XT is the first higher-end AMD card on the TUF Gaming brand since its transformation from a durable motherboard portfolio to a gaming-centric full line of products. The ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6800 XT comes with the military-grade metal aesthetic characteristic of the TUF series. With a 2.9 slot thick meaty cooling solution that features multiple fin stacks and a trio of ASUS’s new-generation Axial-Tech fans. Let’s check out the beast performed.
- Axial-tech fan design has been enhanced with more fan blades and a new rotation scheme.
- Dual ball fan bearings can last up to twice as long as sleeve-bearing designs.
- An all-aluminum shroud, reinforced frame, and metal backplate enhance durability.
- MaxContact heat spreader features a super flat surface for improved thermal transfer.
- A 144-hour validation program puts cards through a series of stringent tests to ensure compatibility with the latest games.
- A vented backplate prevents hot air from recirculating through the cooling array.
- GPU Tweak II provides intuitive performance tweaking, thermal controls, and system monitoring.