Intel has launched its X299 platform with new Intel X-series Core i9, i7, and i5 processor, though at the time of this review the 10 core i9 7900X is the top CPU available and 18, 16, 14, and 12 cores coming in future no specific date. The new X299 motherboard is the successor of X99 and features the new LGA 2066 socket and new up-to date features-set. Today we take a look at ASUS’ TUF X299 Mark 1 which comes with ASUS TUF armor aesthetic and military class component. To review the board, we used the Intel Core i7 7800K which is 6 core 12 thread CPU clocked at 3.5 GHz base and 4.0 GHz turbo frequency with 8.25 MB L3 cache and 140 W TDP.
ASUS TUF X299 MARK-1 Features
- Thermal Armor & M.2 Heatsink – Thermal armor directs cool air towards vital components while the 40mm fan and M.2 heatsink help reduce SSD temperatures by up to 25° C.
- TUF Fortifier, SafeSlot & VGA Holder – Reinforced backplate adds structural rigidity, while SafeSlot-fortified PCIe and TUF VGA holder support the weight of heavy graphics cards.
- Thermal Radar 3 & TUF Ice – Designed to keep systems stable while overclocking, Thermal Radar 3 delivers complete system cooling control and temperature-monitoring options
- Pro Clock II & T-Topology – Pro Clock II technology provides flexibility for fine-tuning system overclocks, while T-Topology enhances memory stability at higher frequencies
- TUF Detective 2 – The TUF Detective 2 app connects via Bluetooth to track information, detect and diagnose errors, or adjust vital system settings without booting up!
- ASUS Aura Sync: Synchronize RGB lighting effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of Aura Sync-enabled products