ASUS TUF series previously known as Sabertooth, is one of the most distinctive due to its rugged and Armour shielded design comes with the military class component. The new TUF Z270 MARK-1 comes with Intel’s new Z270 chipset supporting new Kaby Lake 7000 series processor. The new Z270 platform provides supports for Optane SSDs and offers support for slightly faster DDR4 memory. Asus also include all the features that you expect, new generalized ASUS AURA SYNC, which allows multiple device syncs together to give unified lighting. The board also comes with two fast M.2 slot and full speed USB 3.1 (10 Gbps). As a TUF board, Asus included TUF exclusive features like TUF Thermal Armor, Thermal Radar 2+, TUF Ice, “We Got Your Back!” Shape Force metal backplate, Dust Defenders, TUF Fortifier, TUF ESD Guards 2 and TUF LANGuard. The TUF Z270 MARK-1 also has most fan connectors I have ever seen. So in paper, Asus TUF Z270 MARK-1 looks pretty great but how great let’s see in our review.
- Overclocking Design – Push memory frequencies and CPU performance to extreme
- Thermal Armor – Supreme strength and airflow-boosting flexibility
- TUF Fortifier – Reinforced backplate prevents circuit board damage
- Thermal Radar 2+ and TUF ICe – Instant fan tuning and intelligent system cooling
- TUF Detective 2 – System information at your fingertips
- Qualified Vendor List (QVL) – Perfectly compatible with high-performance workstation graphics cards
- Ultimate Customization – ASUS Aura Sync RGB LED lighting technology and 3D-printing-friendly design