Hideo Kojima unveils his latest game at Sony’s E3 presser conference. Death Stranding trailer feature Norman Reedus (from Walking Dead), he wake-up in the middle of nowhere and finds a newborn baby. Which he picks up but the baby disappears into thin air, And what were those things hanging overhead? Some horrible aliens? They looked like monoliths from No Man’s Sky.
But trailer didn’t reveal much about the game, Although Kojima reveals tidbits about his new game.
Hideo Kojima spoke with Geoff Keighley at the YouTube LIVE at E3 show about Death Stranding. Here’s what he said:
- The footage was from a very early cinematic sequence of the game
- After 2-4 hours of playing it, Kojima says players will “realize it’s something they’ve not used to so far.”
- Kojima Productions has yet to select a game engine for Death Stranding
- Guillermo Del Toro is not helping Kojima with the game
- It has nothing to do with PT
- Death Stranding doesn’t have a genre pinned down, but it will have “action elements”, and players who enjoy action games will “naturally” slip into the game
- Don’t expect it anytime soon — it “probably will take some time,” Kojima says
- The name Death Stranding means “something comes from another world and is stranded.”
- The game represents something that Kojima wanted to make at this point–he feels he needed to make this game