Ubisoft announced Far Cry 5 with a new trailer, and revealed a release date and giving us a good look at the upcoming shooter.
Far Cry 5 will launch late in Ubisoft’s fiscal year pipeline on February 27, 2018. The new Far Cry will take place on American soil, in Hope County, Montana, a fictional rural community ruled by chaotic religious fanatics led by the game’s principal antagonist, Joseph Seed.
As we can see in Far Cry 5’s reveal trailer certainly looks a lot like Grand Theft Auto V mixed with Just Cause 3. The trailer itself was made with real in-engine footage, hinting the game will have a new level of dynamism not seen before in previous Far Cry games. The new addition to the franchise is that players actually get to make their own hero from scratch–you can customize your avatar as you see fit, and aren’t locked to one preset type. The games also support two-player co-op in full campaign, which is awesome as you can fight together and survival and freedom.
“Players will have total freedom to navigate this serene-looking yet deeply twisted world solo or entirely in two-player co-op as they fight for survival and freedom.”
“Welcome to Hope County, Montana. This idyllic place is home to a community of freedom-loving people – and a fanatical doomsday cult known as The Project at Eden’s Gate. Led by the charismatic prophet Joseph Seed and his devoted siblings – The Heralds – Eden’s Gate has been quietly infiltrating every aspect of daily life in this oncequiet town. When your arrival incites the cult to violently seize control of the region, you must rise up and spark the fires of resistance to liberate a besieged community.
“Freely explore Hope County’s rivers, lands, and skies with the largest customizable weapon and vehicle roster ever in a Far Cry game. You are the hero of the story in a thrilling world that hits back with every punch, and where the places you discover and the locals you ally with will shape your story in ways you’ll never see coming.”
SPARK THE FIRES OF RESISTANCE AGAINST A FANATIC CULT
Stranded in hostile territory, find strength in the community around you to lead a resistance against a cult taking over Hope County, Montana.
- A huge cast of memorable characters including Mary May, local saloon owner; Nick Rye, family man and plane enthusiast; and Pastor Jerome Jeffries, a preacher whose flock has been led astray.
- Recruit Guns for Hire and leverage the special skills of up to 3 at a time to turn the tables on The Project at Eden’s Gate.
- Command specialized Fangs For Hire, animals you can control to support any playstyle.
- Ally with a Friend For Hire to take down the cult in a two-player co-op experience that extends across the full campaign.
CARVE YOUR OWN PATH
The freedom to go in any direction – you decide the when, the where, and the how.
- From the moment you enter Hope County you have the freedom to tackle the world in any order you choose.
- For the first time in Far Cry, you are the hero of the story – choose your own avatar and customize your character.
- Create insane and unique Far Cry experiences with the map editor, to enjoy with or against your friends!
A WORLD THAT EVOLVES
Play your way against Joseph Seed and his fanatical followers in a dynamic open world that adapts and reacts to the choices you make.
- The Resistance Meter evolves the world in meaningful ways as you progress; every action you take moves your story forward.
- Disrupt the cult’s doomsday preparations to draw The Heralds into epic showdowns in the open world.
- Your choices affect the world as new gameplay opportunities arise from the chaos.
- Tear up the countryside in iconic American vehicles you can make your own; from muscle cars to big rigs, from ATVs to tractors.
- Commandeer a plane to engage cult forces in an epic aerial dogfight or bombing run.
- Discover the natural riches of the Montana wilderness as you hunt, fish, and explore every inch.