HyperX, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., today announced it is now shipping the HyperX Cloud Revolver S with plug-and-play Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound. HyperX has integrated Dolby Headphone technology into a new USB dongle that delivers immersive audio at the touch of a button. HyperX’s signature memory foam and new wide headband design brings comfort for endless hours of gameplay. Designed for use by professional gamers and eSports teams globally, the premium headset also features multi-platform support, 50mm drivers and a noise-cancelling microphone.
Cloud Revolver S continues the HyperX tradition of award-winning comfort and competitive audio performance, while adding Dolby Headphone surround sound realism with a new HyperX audio dongle that is included with each headset. The Dolby Headphone 7.1 channel surround sound environment provides an immersive gaming experience – putting gamers right in the middle of the action for gameplay advantage.
“The HyperX Cloud Revolver S is incredibly comfortable,” said Gordon Hayward, All-Star basketball player and gamer. “And the plug-and-play Dolby surround sound is amazing.”
The Cloud Revolver S sound stage features unique design driver technology that allows gamers to visualize sounds placed around them at different angles and distances. With three additional preset equalizer settings: bass boost, flat and vocals, each gamer can choose their favorite setting. Gamers will gain a competitive edge in FPS and 3D environment games by hearing opponent locations more clearly and accurately than previously attainable.
“The HyperX Cloud Revolver S headset is our best gaming headset yet – simply plug it in and one click later Dolby quality surround sound is on,” said Edward Baily, Business Manager, HyperX. “Combining the perfect balance of audio performance and comfort, Cloud Revolver S will immerse listeners in a cinema quality audio experience.”
The Cloud Revolver S is designed to provide a premium gaming experience; additional features include:
- Dolby Surround Sound – The new versatile Plug N Play USB sound card pumps out Dolby Surround 7.1 sound on PC, PS4and PS4 Pro
- Developed by Gamers – Three Pre-set Equalizer Settings, independent volume and microphone mute buttons, and backlit LED to quickly check active modes
- New Design – Wider headband, matte black finish and HyperX Signature Memory Foam
- Premium Performance – No software or separate audio box required, unlike competing headsets
Additional HyperX Revolver S Specifications:
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural, Closed back
- Frequency response: 12Hz-28,000 Hz
- Impedance: 30 Ω
- Sound pressure level: 100.5dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
- Weight: 360g
- Weight with mic: 376g
- Headset: 1m
- Audio Control Box: 2.2m
- PC extension cable: 2m
- Headset: 3.5mm plug (4 pole)
- Audio Control Box: USB
- PC extension cable: 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Bi-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz-18,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -44dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)
Availability and Support
The Cloud Revolver S (MSRP £139.99/€169.99) will be available March 13, 2017 through HyperX’s network of retail and e-tail outlets. Cloud Revolver S includes a two-year limited warranty and HyperX’s industry-leading customer service and support. The Cloud Revolver S was recently shown at the Intel Extreme Masters World Finals in Katowice (Poland).