With the UMX5 we present the current flagship of the Jonsbo case series. The housing is aimed at users who want to install a particularly powerful ATX-based system. The noble case offers a timeless design with a particularly appealing, classic exterior that blends harmoniously into any interior style. The case is based on the combination of a steel chassis for maximum stability and an exterior made of fine aluminum. Particularly eye-catching are the raised ribs made of 5.5 mm thick aluminum. These are highly polished while the indentations were dulled with a sandblasting process. The individual ribs stand out clearly – this not only looks extremely elegant, it also adds to the design and gives the UMX5 superior stability. Both sides are made of tempered glass and are embedded in a painted steel frame with MESH elements to ensure a continuous exchange of air.The UMX5 also features the “case foot” which is typical of the UMX series – a gap of approximately 3.5 cm between the underside of the chassis and the “foot”. For the UMX5, this “ventilation chamber” is illuminated by two RGB LEDs. Inside the case, the power supply and HDD bay has a glass cover, which is traversed by a honeycomb pattern and centrally houses the Jonsbo logo. This glass panel is also illuminated with RGB LED. Everything can be controlled via the color change button located in the I/O panel.
The following lighting modes are available: Color change with 264 different colors. Monochromatic lighting in red, blue, green, white, yellow, purple, pink, turquoise and orange; Breathing (only red); finally, the LED lighting can also be completely switched off.
The case is designed for ATX motherboards and selected E-ATX boards with a maximum size of 305 x 265 mm. The power supply is installed behind the front in a specially designed mounting frame. Below is the HDD cage with four hard-drive slides made of red anodized aluminum, which can be equipped with either 2.5 or 3.5 inch drives. Two more 2.5-inch SSDs can be installed on the back of the motherboard carrier.
In addition to the pre-installed 120 mm fans on the rear side, two 120 mm fans each can be installed at the case bottom and under the top cover, using specially designed fan-mounting frames. At the bottom there is the possibility to mount the fans on the underside of the frame to save space – especially when installing a water cooling system. 35 mm of space is available between the frame and the bottom of the chassis.
The case provides ample space for high-end hardware with powerful air or water cooling. CPU coolers up to 166 mm installation height and graphics cards up to 325 mm in length can also be accommodated in the UMX5, as well as 240 mm radiators or compact cooling solutions under the top cover or on case bottom.
The I/O panel in the front features two USB 2.0, two USB 3.0 and HD audio ports, as well as the power and color change buttons.
- Case type: Midi-Tower
- Form factor motherboard: ATX, M-ATX, Mini-ITX (max. 305 x 265 mm)
- Form factor PSU: ATX PS2 (front)
- 2.5 inch internal: max. 6 x
- 3.5 inch internal: max. 4 x
- Case fan (top): max. 2 x 120 mm (optional)
- Case fan (bottom): max. 2 x 120 mm (optional)
- Case fan (rear): 1 x 120 installed
- Height: 507mm
- Width: 224 mm
- Depth: 485 mm
- Weight: 15.5 kg
- Material: Aluminium, tempered glass, steel
- Max. height CPU coolers: 166 mm
- Max. length VGA cards: 325 mm
- Max. radiator height: 120/240mm (top), 120/240 mm (bottom), 120 mm (rear)
- Max. radiator thickness: 65 mm without fans (top), 45 mm without fans (bottom)
- Code UMX5 Black: 4250140370907
- Manufacturer-Number UMX5 Black: JB-UMX5 K
- Article-Number UMX5 Black: 600047090
- MSRP UMX5 Black: 199.99 € incl. 19% VAT
- Code UMX5 Silver: 4250140370952
- Manufacturer-Number UMX5 Silver: JB-UMX5 S
- Article-Number UMX5 Silver: 600047095
- MSRP UMX5 Silver: 199.99 € incl. 19% VAT