Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced two new hardware encrypted USB Flash drives that can be managed with SafeConsole by DataLocker. DataTraveler 4000G2 with Management (DT4000G2DM) and DataTraveler Vault Privacy 3.0 with Management (DTVP30DM) solve the needs of organisations required to meet Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) and protect data at the highest level across their mobile workforce. Both devices can be used as a managed solution via the SafeConsole Encryption Management Platform from DataLocker Inc., Kingston’s partner for encrypted USB drive management.
The new Kingston USB drives are both 256-bit AES hardware encrypted and FIPS certified (DT4000G2DM is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validated; DTVP30DM is FIPS 197 certified) to ensure maximum corporate and personal data security. Additionally, SafeConsole is the only secure USB management platform for secure USB drives with true password management – both remote and local. The platform enables secure resetting of forgotten passwords, activation of full audit trails, geolocation and geofencing to ensure cross-border compliance, automatic inventory, and a “remote kill” feature in the event of device loss.
Organisations should develop best practices to safeguard data outside of a company’s firewalls as data leaks become more prevalent and certain regions adopt regulatory policies. The European Union (EU) will soon enact the General Data Protection Regulation, which mandates that businesses strengthen their digital infrastructure or face significant penalties. Part of an organizational policy should include device-level management that allows control over LAN and Internet connections. This enables better tracking and auditing of data moving in and out of a company.
“Human error, malicious attacks and technical failures can place employee and corporate data at risk. Companies, agencies and organizations need to implement a security policy well before anything goes wrong as it’s critical to prevent non-compliance, fines and even financial loss,” said Valentina Vitolo, Flash business manager, Kingston EMEA. “Our latest encrypted managed USB drives, the recent IronKey acquisition and growing DataLocker partnership all demonstrates Kingston’s commitment to providing the most secure and largest family of encrypted USB solutions on the market.”
Kingston’s DT4000G2DM and DTVP30DM are available in 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities, and are backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
DataTraveler 4000G2 with Management Features & Specifications:
- Encrypted protection: With encryption, no one can see what you have stored on the drive without knowing the password.
- Manageable: DT4000G2DM enables a complete set of centralised administration and management tools when used with server-based, control center technology of SafeConsole1.
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Certification: The drive is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified and TAA compliant, to meet frequently requested corporate and government requirements.
- Customisable: Customise drives in a variety of ways, including serialisation numbering, co-logo and customised product identifier for integration into standard end-point management software (white-listing), to meet internal corporate IT requirements.
- Interface: USB 3.0
- Capacities2: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Speed: USB 3.0: 4GB: 80MB/s read, 12MB/s write
- 8GB & 16GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
- 32GB: 250MB/s read, 40MB/s write
- 64GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
- USB 2.0: 4GB: 30MB/s read, 12MB/s write
- 8GB-64GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions: 77.9 mm x 22.2 mm x 12.05 mm
- Waterproof: Up to 4 ft.; conforms to IEC 60529 IPX8. Product must be clean and dry before use.
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 60°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 85°C
- Compatibility: USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- Minimum System Requirements:
- – USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- – Two (2) free drive letters required for use