After the high success of the first edition of Ryzen, AMD brings the next installment as Ryzen+ (Pinnacle Ridge), which is improved variant of the original Ryzen CPUs, the new Ryzen+ processors are built on a new 12nm process to improve efficiency and higher clock speeds. The new CPUs are accompanied by new X470 chipset. The new Zen+ processors will work fine with your X370 chipset based motherboard and vice versa, however, AMD launched the X470 chipset with small improvements like better facilitate XFR2 options.
Today we are going to check out MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, which is mid-range offing from MSI. The Gaming Pro Carbon line of motherboards are quite popular because of premium features, but with a much lower price tag. The X470 Gaming Pro Carbon AC offers decent VRM design, RGB lighting, M.2 heatsinks and Intel-powered AC WiFi. So is it worth your money? Let’s find out in our review.
- Supports AMD® RYZENTM Desktop Processors and AMD® A-series / Athlon™ Processors for socket AM4
- Supports DDR4-3466+(OC) Memory
- DDR4 Boost with Steel Armor: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost
- Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync: 16.8 million colors / 17 effects in one click. Synchronize RGB/RAINBOW strips and other RGB solutions for customization.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: TURBO M.2 with M.2 Shield, StoreMI, AMD Turbo USB 3.1 GEN2
- Audio Boost 4 with Nahimic: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- GAMING LAN and Wireless support, powered by Intel®: The best online gaming experience with lowest latency and bandwidth management.
- Core Boost: With premium layout and fully digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- MULTI-GPU: With STEEL ARMOR PCI-E slots. Supports 2-Way NVIDIA SLI™ & 3-Way AMD Crossfire™
- VR Ready: Automatically optimizes your system for VR usage, pushing for maximum performance.
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high resolution scalable font, favorites and search function
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players
- Page 1: Intro
- Page 2: Packaging and Overview
- Page 3: In-Depth Look
- Page 4: UEFI BIOS
- Page 5: Software
- Page 6: Test Setup
- Page 7: Overclocking
- Page 8: Benchmarks
- Page 9: CINEBENCH R15, Handbrake & Blender
- Page 10: 7-Zip, WinRAR 5.40 & Geekbench 3
- Page 11: UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION, Gaming, Temp & Power Consumption
- Page 12: Conclusion