The developer Roberts Space Industries prepared to launch the beta of the first-person module for Star Citizen in the next few weeks. This latest update will deliver most of the content we saw at CitizenCon, but we should expect some of the following to be included:
- Eight missions including dogfighting and extra-vehicular activity (EVA)
- 20-plus random encounters
- One weapons-filled player-vs-player battle arena
- An area with an ongoing battle between pirates and security forces
- 12 to 16 playable ships
- Multiple locations including three space stations, nine repair and refueling locations and the gas giant Crusader
- A party system
- Player healing
- A mission manager and journaling system
Chris Roberts added: “Core FPS functionality will be there. That will progress as we do more drops”.
Other than that, new update will also feature reworked flight controls, which will include something similar to a supercruise mode for fast-travel, as well as a quantum drive for traversing the stars.